Sunday, August 2, 2015

Why I have to talk about books!

Greetings,

I want to start this whole thing off by trying to explain why I crave, need, want, have to have books in my world everyday of my life. Simply put it is like breathing to me.....I cannot be without them.

From an early age books were my oasis, a way for me to escape real life, an opportunity to travel away from the tiny little town I grew up in. My best memory is seeing the Bookmobile drive into town and knowing that I got to go and pick a new book. Loved it! Still do.

There has never been a time in my life when I have been without a book. I have always had a library card, when I travel the first thing I shop for is a book, (then fabric, but that's another story) and I never leave a new or a used bookstore without buying a book. Ask any family member or friend and they will tell you that one of the first questions I will ask is "what are you reading?".

So basically I started this blog because I want to know what you're reading and I want to talk about what I'm reading. Simply put I want to talk about books.

Since I am writing this late I will just share a bit about the book I just finished by Daniel Silva who is a favorite of mine. I finished The English Girl earlier this afternoon and I have to say that it may be one of the best I've read. I will share more about it on tomorrow's post but let me leave you with the three books I'm reading right now. (yes I read more than one book at a time) I'm reading The Martian by Andy Weir,  Sophie's Choice by William Styron, and If I Stay by Gayle Foreman. I'll be letting you know what I thought of these books very soon.

Can't wait to hear what you are reading!

2 comments:

  1. Patti, I just finished "Below Stairs" by Margaret Powell; "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand; "The Other Wes Moore" by Wes Moore; "A Long Way Home" by Sarco Brierley; "The Glass Castle" by Jeannette Walls and "Half Broke Horses" by Jeannette Walls. Currently reading "Kabul in Winter" by Ann Jones. I rarely read fiction so my list of books may not be very interesting to those who enjoy fiction more but I would highly recommend all of these for those who, like me, enjoy mostly non-fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked The Glass Castle. I read pretty much anything but I have till need really interested in the subject matter before I'll read non fiction.

      Delete